Employers – Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program
Bay Area employers with 50 or more employees are now required to register for the Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program. Through this program, employers must offer their employees one of four Commuter Benefit options in order to comply with CA Senate Bill 1339, signed into law in October 2012. Commuter benefits encourage employees to take transit, vanpool, carpool, bicycle and walk rather than drive alone to work. View the Program Requirements
Employers with fewer than 50 Bay Area employees may be subject to a local commuter benefits ordinance.
This Program Supports Employers Through:
- Potential payroll tax savings
- Enhanced employee recruitment
- Improved employee retention
- Reduced employee health costs
- Reduced employee stress
Employers, Already Registered?
Program News and Highlights
What Are The Steps To Register?
- Designate commuter benefits coordinator
- Click registration button
- Create username and password
- Select a commuter benefit option
- Notify employees
- Complete by September 30, 2014
Employer Services Representatives are available in each county to provide free assistance. Please click on the following link based on your employer location or call 511 and say "Commuter Benefits."